Monday, August 22, 2011

Monotony...monotony....monotony

I spent the last week in Marysville, Washington assisting my little brother following an ACL and double meniscus surgery on his right knee. He is 19 and helpless. I was able to get all of my workouts in. Apparently having a VIP Golds Gym membership only works in Utah and does NOT transfer to other states. The super-ghetto Golds in Marysville, however, was gracious enough to give me a one week free membership while I was up there. I learned a few things. Staying across the street from a Starbucks. Bad. Golds Gyms in Utah. Good. If I hadn't known better, I would've guessed that the Golds Gym I was working out in was the original and it had never been remodeled. There was an average of about 10 cars in the gym parking lot at any given time, sometimes less. This explained to me the amount of morbidly obese people I saw bumming around Northern Washington. Thanks to stress, I was able to get 100% of my workouts in and then some. Unfortunately, the monotony of the diet is seriously getting to me. That and PMS. I ate healthy, but what I was eating was certainly a far cry from the broccoli and protein shake diet I have been so loyal to. It was nice to get a break, but now that I am back I am meeting with my trainer this Saturday in a bikini to discuss if I am ready. I am thinking, probably not. I am continuing to slim down, but I don't think I am close to what I need to be. My trainer continues to text me positive vibes and has been fantastic the entire time. We will see. Stay posted to see if I actually get to compete on September 10th! Dun dun dun!

No comments:

Post a Comment