Friday, August 12, 2011

Why Not a Marathon Too?

So, I have been working out like crazy. It is starting to get to me. I am tired most of the day. I am doing 2 a days of 1 hour of cardio 6 days a week. So, I started thinking......

Why not train for a marathon too?

I am hoping, that with all of the weight lifting I have been participating in, that my IT band will resolve. My ass was virtually muscle-less, resulting in severe IT in October of 2009 following the Other Half in Moab. The furthest I have been able to run since has been 6 miles. Maybe, with all this lunging and squating and pressing, I will have the muscle to "back it up". I have wanted to run another full marathon since I graduated nursing school, but my IT has gotten in the way. 26.2 is calling again.

If this all works out, I will be ready to run the Tuscon Marathon on December 11th.

With all of that being said, I will attempt for the first time in almost 2 years a 7 mile run tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment