Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I Love Broccoli, I Love Broccoli, I Love Broccoli

I hate Broccoli. I'm pretty sure I do at this point. It's only been 2 weeks! Everything has been going well. Yesterday was my first "wall". After ten hours at work I didn't want to look at any vegetables, but I ate the damn broccoli anyway.

Last week, the day after my 200 lunges, I felt fine. The next three days were filled with soreness. I had to talk myself through my 1 hour cardio each day and, literally, ice my ass at night so I could sleep. I did legs again yesterday. I did NOT think I could make it through the entire 200 lunges and 80 squats. I did it anyway. I did it with good form. I did it tired and had to talk myself through each step, but I did it.

The moral of this story? Don't let anything stand inbetween you and what you want. If you want to run a marathon. Run it. If you want to do a tiratholon. Do it. If you want to compete, compete. There is no feeling that I can compare to finishing my first full marathon. The sense of accomplishment is amazing.

Was I tired? Yes, but knowing what I can achieve by being diligent in my efforts helps me stay focused. Sometimes pulling up pictures of competitions helps me to stay focused.

Doing a little at a time also helps. I did 50 lunges at a time. I would do 50, then sit and talk myself into doing the next 50.

It doesn't matter how old broccoli and string beans become, how tired I am or how sore I get. The end goal that I am striving to achieve is much greater than the few moments of discomfort I endure to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment