Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bloated.....AND Broccoli for Breakfast??

Got my protein in the mail Tuesday afternoon. They are both delicious! The workouts have not been that bad. Today was probably the most difficult, but leg day usually is. I did 200 lunges, 80 squats, 48 leg extensions, 48 leg curls, 48 extensions on the leg press, 96 calf raises and one hour of cardio. The diet? It is bland and IT WILL get old, but it hasn't so far. The only issue I had at first was the option of having veggies at every meal.....including breakfast. I am vegan so there is no veggies-in-my-eggs option. The worst? The bloating! I am bloated 24/7! I am drinking almost 100 oz of water a day and I feel like I am going to explode! By the 4th meal I feel like I am forcing the shake in. This is supposed to only last for about a week and then my body will adjust.
The best part? My new story about having to explain my diet. So NOW I also get to explain that, not only am I vegan, but I can only eat the food on this regimen for the next 14 weeks. No excuses. No cheats. No substitutions. My new boss wanted to take all of the new employees out to dinner last night and I was asked in front of everyone why I declined. So I explained the competition, which was followed by "Well what CAN you eat?". When I gave the list, one of the new nurses said "That sounds obsessive! That is TOO extreme."
I don't like that term.
Am I obsessive? No.
Do I have a goal that I want more than anything? Yes.
Did I pay my trainer a pretty penny to kick my ass and tell me what to eat? Sure did.
Seems silly to pay all that money, not to stick to his advice.
When I went to the gym today, the guy behind the desk that I see everyday said "Good afternoon Ms. Dedication". I like that better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment