Sunday, October 9, 2011

Vegan Goods!

Chris and I went to dinner last night at the Blue Plate Diner. It is on 2100 South and 2100 East in Sugarhouse. Very delicious, locally owned diner that is known for their reasonably priced comfort food. I have been there before, but not as a vegan. VERY vegan friendly menu. There are actual vegan dishes listed on the menu! YUM! I ordered the hummus dip and vegan burger with cajun fries. Delicious!


It was nice to splurge out of my current diet comfort zone and have a burger and fries! I have also been looking for vegan dishes that are quick to make and HEALTHY. I am not a fan of any frozen foods, really. Prepackaged foods are generally loaded with sodium and other poisons that are poop. I was in whole foods the other day and stumbled across this 365 brand vegan PIZZA!! If there has been anything that I miss, it is cheese and pizza. They carry a roasted vegetable pizza that is only 150 calories! Sodium is high, 380 mg, but I was willing to sacrifice a little salt for a pizza. I cooked this up this afternoon and added some Daiya dairy-free cheese in Mozarella and Cheddar flavor. It was divine.

Hooray for instant vegan food! 365 also makes a gluten-free vegan pizza on rice crust. The one I chose was whole wheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment