Saturday, December 11, 2010

Breakfast Burrrrrritos!

Now, I don't want anyone to be under the assumption that going to the gym everyday and eating clean is easy all of the time. Obviously, you can tell by my last entry that sometimes I have to make myself go to the gym. I currently live with my boyfriend, Chris, and it has taken some time to try to convert him into more clean eating habits. When we started dating I had to explain that I never eat fast food and I avoid grease. Despite all my efforts, I came home and found this next to his homework:
I can't be there all the time, but I try to introduce him to healthier alternatives. Bless his little english heart. This morning, I made him a healthy breakfast burrito! There is also a book "Cook this, Not that" that gives healthy alternatives to popular restaurant dishes. Here is the recipe and some pics from this morning:

Sum's Burrrito!

3 eggs
1/2 c of shredded cheddar or jack cheese
1/4 c diced green bell pepper
1 tsp of Mrs Dash Chipotle Seasoning
1/2 c cooked chicken diced
3 spinach leaves diced
2 large whole wheat tortillas
2 tbs Newman's Own salsa
1 cup black beans
Nonstick cooking spray

Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add eggs, bell peppers, 1/4 c of cheese, chicken, Mrs Dash and spinach. Scramble the mixture until eggs are slightly runny. Wrap each tortilla in a damp paper towel and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds. Seperate the eggs, left over cheese, salsa and black beans between the two tortillas and enjoy!

If you want to make this recipe EVEN healthier, change the 3 whole eggs to egg whites or Egg Beaters. You can buy cartoned Egg Beaters or egg whites in any store next to the eggs. Then change the cheese to shredded part skim mozzarella and fat free feta cheese! I hope this blog is somewhat entertaining. It is certainly giving me extra motivation. I will be doing one hour of cardio today and 30 minutes of weights on chest and triceps again! Feel the burn baby!

1 comment:

  1. What the hell is 3 spinach leaves going to do for you! lol Looks good Summer! yummo

    ReplyDelete