Monday, December 13, 2010

Motivation

So, I have been attempting to get up each morning at 4:30 and much to Chris' dismay I have yet to do this. He gets to listen to the alarm go off while I sleep like a log. I have told him that he can drag me out of the bed by my feet, elbow me in the ribs....whatever he wants. If I don't get up to do my cardio in the AM, then it leaves me to do my 60 - 90 minute cardio routine following a long day at work and THEN I have to do 30 minutes of weights. UGH! So, today I again was not able to get up on time and I get to leave work and do 60 minutes of cardio intervals at the gym, shoulders and abs. One of the things that I have been doing for a long time to motivate myself to go to the gym is pack my gym bag and take it to work with me. I have ALL DAY to think of excuses to not go to the gym, but if my bag is already packed I can go straight to my workout. All it takes is getting my feet on that gym floor and all of my excuses are gone. Plus, Chrissy is done with night school for the semester this week and that is another motivating factor. I get to spend the rest of my evening with him. I think one of the easiest things for us to do is make excuses. When I am having difficulty finding the strength to go to the gym, I make a list of all of the excuses I give then one by one I find ways around those excuses. Writing this all down is motivating me for tonight. Now, I just need to yank myself out of bed each morning and I'll be in good shape. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment