Sunday, June 19, 2011

Vegan Brownies with Tofu Frosting

Is this healthy? No. I start training next week. I found a new trainer that has a ton of experience training vegan figure competitors. I will be competing in September and October! So, in the meantime, here is some sugar for my sweet tooth since I won't be having any more for the next 16 weeks.

Vegan Brownies:
1 c all purpose flour
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 c canola oil
3/4 c unsweetened coconut milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 c vegan chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square pan and set aside. In large bowl mix dry ingredients.
Add wet and mix thoroughly. Pour into greased pan and bake for 35 - 40 min or until toothpick comes out clean.


Tofu Chocolate Frosting:
1 package silken tofu (approx. 12 oz) patted dry
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp powdered sugar
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until very smooth.

Finished Product:


 I went to the NPC at Cottonwood highschool last night and was blown away. More motivation for the September and October shows. More updates and news to follow. I should be getting my meal plan from my trainer sometime this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment