Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Focus! Focus! Focus!

Finding motivation this last week has NOT been easy. I've been reading the Hungry Runner Girl Blog, Making Goal Lists and catching up on my new Oxygen Magazine that came in the mail....but, tis the season. All I have wanted to do this week is put on some sweats and curl up with a good book. (I am currently reading "What's Your Number" HILARIOUS! Love me some chick lit.) Maybe eat some toast, or possibly some mac n cheese....or some more pancakes.....

Do you see this downward spiral?

I have my workouts and I have the tools, but I am lacking that extra *umph* of motivation this week. I thought it might help for me to list some of my to do's on here:

1) one hour of cardio every other day with a run on the off days 6 days a week
2) lifting 6 days a week in a 4 day rotation
3) eat every 3 hours clean proteins and carbs.....mmmmm carbs
4) I get a coffee every day....this is not negotiable....sorry Shane

OK, now that is out of the way. Let's discuss some other things. Things like one of my favorite new carbs.

PANCAKES!!!

I love them. Delicious. I have been making instant at home with all natural pancake mix, almond milk and water (you don't need the oil, just use water instead). You can even add ground flaxseed or protein powder....whatever you like!

I went with my padre a few weeks ago to Sage Cafe. It is a vegan restaurant dowtown that serves delicious homemade breakfasts on Saturdays and Sundays. We each had almond and apple pancakes with blueberry syrup.

YES! I took a bite and then remembered to take a picture....but look at how delicious they are! You can check out their menu at http://www.sagescafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment