Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Wish My Hands Were Magic......

If you could have any magic powers what would it be? When I was little, I watched this TV show about a girl who was half alien and if she put her fingers together she could freeze time. She could make anything manifest into thin air just by closing her eyes and imagining it. I often wish that I had this power. I always tell myself that if I did I would be at 15% body fat regardless of what I ate, have a six pack and I would take all calories and fat out of ice cream and cupcakes. YUM! I went to see a newly injured paraplegic patient this afternoon and talked to him about coming to my unit for an extended period of time for rehabilitation following his spinal cord injury. His response to me was "Will you make me walk again?". It's days like these that cupcakes lose their luster and I wish I had the power to heal.

"Strength Does Not Come from Physical Capacity, It Comes From an Indomitable Will." - Ghandi

No comments:

Post a Comment