Monday, May 30, 2011

Holy Cravings!

Hello everyone. I would like to inform you that it is.......PMS WEEKEND! Yippee! I am positive that Chrissy is also ecstatic to announce that the weekend is almost over. I went to the doctor about 7 or so months ago to inquire why I feel sad once a month. Anything will make me burst into tears. I thought something must be wrong so I asked a medical professional. Her response? "Um, that's normal. The older we get the more our hormones change." My response? "That is not a satisfactory response."
Oh well. So, I try to work out more during these times and attempt to be more aware of my mood swings and irrational outbreaks. All of the books and workout magazines I read give loads of advice for "dealing" with cravings. They tell you to "not give in" or "pretend you are eating it". Are they serious with this shit? I have found that in this irrational state, the WORST thing I can do is deny myself of these cravings. Seriously? Who wants a 30-year-old-PMSing-chocoholic on the loose? I crave chocolate, carbs and anything that is set in front of me. I could cry at any given moment for NO reason at all! I am positive that if you were to ask Chris, his response would also be "Just GIVE HER THE DAMN COOKIE!" Poor thing. I have been making him breakfast, lunch and dinner in efforts to even out my ridiculous mood swings. What a trooper. This weekend I almost cried in the middle of the mall because Lolabella had a gorgeous pair of heels that were insanely expensive and then I almost cried again because they didn't have them in my size. Not a "glistening tear"......niagra falls. What the hell?!?
So, here is my recipe for a delicious batch of vegan chocolate chip cookies. I made them last night. They are all gone now. :)

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (aka Summy Mood Stabilizer)
2 cups unbleached flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinammon
1/2 bag vegan chocolate chips
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c water

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degress. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinammon in a bowl.
2. In another bowl, mix sugar, canola oil, water and vanilla.
3. Add the chips to the dry mix and then mix the wet trying not to overmix.
4. Bake handmade dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 9 - 12 minutes.
*The recipe called for 1/4 water, but I found that the extra water is needed so the dough doesn't get too "crumbly" and is easy to ball up.
HAPPY PMSing!

No comments:

Post a Comment